HowIt doesn’t matter if you’re a startup just getting off the ground or an established company scaling through growth marketing. SEO can help your company reach its goals.
SEO, or search engine optimization, is an effective form of digital marketing. Whether you want to invest in local SEO for your small business or national SEO to reach customers anywhere, SEO can increase your brand’s traffic, brand awareness, and overall digital presence.
But SEO is also complicated. Jockeying for position on search engine results takes knowledge and experience. Even then, you’re fighting an uphill battle at every step.
The Challenge of Achieving Good SEO
Anyone can include keywords in their writing or compose a guest article with a backlink. However, using those activities (and many others) to achieve genuine, synergistic SEO results is challenging.
The SEO world is always evolving. Updates and advanced technologies create new twists and turns. This makes SEO just as much an art form as a formulaic activity.
However, it takes time to keep up with the latest trends, build unique strategies, and create brand-specific content. Learning how to use an SEO tool like google analytics to track progress and google search console to interpret results is no walk in the park, either.
Creating a dominating SEO strategy on your own is a big ask. That’s where an SEO company can help.
What Is an SEO Company?
SEO professionals help other businesses manage the search engine chaos. These third-party solutions work alongside client companies, learning the ins and outs of each brand’s marketing goals, products, and USPs (unique selling propositions).
An SEO agency specializes in content marketing, too. It combines various forms of content — anything from press releases and digital PR mentions to social media posts, emails, and on-site content — to boost a business’s SEO and engage potential customers.
The Benefits of Using an SEO Company
Understanding what an SEO company is can be interesting. But it doesn’t answer one important question. Why do you need this kind of support? Is it worth it to hire an SEO company?
Here are a few of the primary reasons investing in a solid SEO team is well worth it.
1. An SEO Company Keeps Your Search Engine Strategy Up to Date
Search engines are constantly updating their software and tweaking their algorithms. Each time, it ushers in a new wave of SEO adjustments to cater to the changes.
An SEO professional will keep up with these ongoing changes for you. As things shift, they’ll update your brand’s SEO campaign.
2. An SEO Company Saves You Time
From composing content to posting, scheduling, and strategizing, working on SEO for your company will take all of the time you can throw at it. And that doesn’t even account for all of the time spent learning the nuances of link building or deciphering the difference between white hat SEO and black hat SEO techniques.
An SEO company takes on the brunt of this workload. That way, you and your team can focus on what your business does best without worrying if your SEO is generating organic traffic behind the scenes.
3. An SEO Company Is Cost Effective
A SEO specialist doesn’t just save you time. They also save you resources (i.e, money).
For instance, the best SEO company goes beyond the grunt work that comes with things like content creation and link building. They bring a sense of purpose and focus to your SEO efforts.
They build holistic strategies and create synergy by combining tactics, like digital PR and onsite content. This leads to more effective SEO activity, which leads to better results and, ultimately, a positive impact on your bottom line.
How Do I Find a Good SEO Company?
Finding a quality SEO services provider isn’t as easy as it sounds. There are thousands of companies claiming that they can offer you low rates and high traffic.
Don’t believe the hype until you’ve vetted each company thoroughly. Here are a few questions to ask an SEO company before signing on the dotted line:
- Ask about results: How long will results take? (Instant gratification doesn’t equate to real SEO.) Also, look out for specific promises. Remember, SEO is artistic. No one can guarantee results beyond a certain point.
- Ask about their track record: How has an SEO company fared with other brands? Are they brand new, or do they have some solid case studies under their belt?
- Ask for SEO specifics: You may not be up to date on SEO, but an SEO agency should be. Ask about what SEO tactics they utilize to achieve SEO success in the current climate. How do they conduct their keyword research? What kind of keywords does an SEO company target? How do they build backlinks? Gauge the confidence and specificity of the answers you get to see if you’re working with a group that knows their stuff.
- Ask about metrics: Any good SEO firm should be tracking backlinks, website traffic, and rankings at the least. If they’re not, look elsewhere for help.
Inquiring about things like results, track records, metrics, and other SEO strategy specifics can help you parse the great from the not-so-good as you search for the best SEO expert to work with your brand’s needs.