In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Tiffani Bova. She is the global customer growth and innovation evangelist at Salesforce and the Wall Street Journal bestselling author of Growth IQ. Over the past two decades, she has led large revenue-producing divisions at businesses ranging from start-ups to the Fortune 500. Tiffani is also the host of the podcast What’s Next! with Tiffani Bova.
Her new book The Experience Mindset: Changing the Way You Think About Growth, explores the relationship between employee experience (EX) and customer experience (CX) in businesses and how companies should adopt a mindset that strengthens both EX and CX simultaneously. Tiffani emphasizes the need for a balanced approach to company strategy that involves all stakeholders, including IT, Marketing, Sales, Operations, and HR.
Prioritizing the employee experience alongside customer experience drives business success. Successful companies understand the correlation between happy employees and happy customers and prioritize both aspects. Effective leadership, a positive culture, and aligning the goals of the organization with the needs of employees are crucial for creating a balanced EX and CX. Companies should adopt an experience mindset that incorporates employee feedback and mirrors customer experience practices for employees to gain insights and make informed decisions that improve both experiences.
Questions I ask Tiffani Bova:
- [02:12] How do you feel that emphasis on the customer is taking away from the employee experience?
- [06:25] In most companies, the customer interacts with their employees. So it seems pretty logical that happy employees make happy customers, but not that many people invest in something that seems logical. What do you think?
- [10:07] How much would you say is just leadership or is it maybe just culture?
- [11:38] There’s a lot of research on the most important attributes for employees in their jobs. After their salary is having the necessary tools to do their job, right?
- [15:11] Where does employer branding fit into the conversation of employee experience?
- [17:18] What has remote work from home done to the concept of employee and changed the experience the employee has in a company? How has this become a challenge?
- [20:29] How do you bring the employee experience meaningfully without it just being considered an overreaction?
More About Tiffani Bova:
More About The Agency Certification Intensive Training:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.